ExpressionEngine (EE) Developer
Small Team. Big Results.
Steady Vision is a small agency with a passion for digital design, development, marketing and strategy. We're looking for an ExpressionEngine (EE) developer to join our team, someone who loves what they do and is driven by creating meaningful digital experiences.
You’re A Fit If
- You're eager to learn and grow.
- You're creative and enjoy being a problem solver.
- You are organized and a good manager of time.
- You are a good communicator and collaborator.
- You are willing to go the extra mile.
On The Job
As a web developer with an EE focus, activities are centered around building, customizing and supporting responsive digital properties using EE and front end development skills. Responsibilities encompass the full deployment life cycle, primarily including:
- Configuration (e.g. EE platform, environment, add-ons, field & member groups, etc.).
- Quality Control (e.g. front end and admin usability, performance, security, etc.).
- An appreciation for the interplay of design and development (including responsive design principles).
- 2+ years of experience developing multiple responsive websites using EE.
- Working knowledge of PHP/MySQL.
- Ability to install, configure and support EE and EE add-ons.
- Ability to upgrade EE and add-ons (release-to-release and version-to-version).
- Familiarity with all versions of EE (1.x through current).
- Experience using Git with EE.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- A track record of writing code that is clean, understandable and cross browser compatible.
- Ability to create, extend and customize EE add-ons.
- Familiarity with integrating and customizing: Google APIs, social media channels, Salesforce.
- Prior exposure to API and/or SSL methods, protocols, integration and support.
- Working knowledge of device detection, cookies, sessions and/or CRON jobs.
- Experience with any of the following systems: HubSpot, Magento, Shopify, SquareSpace, WordPress.
- Experience with any of the following technologies: AJAX, CodeIgniter, Nginx, Node.js, SOAP, XML.
- Professional certifications and/or educational degrees.
- Small team in an entrepreneurial environment (i.e. be heard and have an impact).
- Scheduling flexibility and remote working opportunities (i.e. work/life balance is important).
- Company sponsored learning opportunities (e.g. resources, conferences, etc.).
- Casual attire, team lunches, group outings, fun team and working environment.
- Employee benefits (health/dental/life/disability insurance, 529 college fund & 401K options).
- Compensation commensurate with experience, with opportunity for growth.